UC BerkeleyCibola ProjectTitleDocuments from the 1602-1603 Sebastián Vizcaíno Expedition up the California CoastPermalinkhttps://escholarship.org/uc/item/38295559AuthorBaranowski, EdwardPublication Date2011-02-27eScholarship.org Powered by the California Digital LibraryUniversity of California1Documents from the 1602-1603 Sebastián Vizcaíno Expedition up the California CoastThe story of Sebastián Vizcaíno’s 1602-03 voyage formally begins on September 27 th ,1599, with the issuance of a Royal Order from the Spanish Court of Phillip III authorizing anexpedition from Acapulco with the specific purpose of exploring and mapping the Californiacoast. More than three decades before, in 1565, trade had first been established betweenAcapulco and the Orient, and once or twice every year several of the famed Manila galleonswould make crossings of the Pacific. From Mexico, these enormous ships would take very little--mostly silver, which was greatly coveted by the Chinese. On the return trip, howev...
- the conquest of america pdf
- which three languages are spoken in latin america?
- what part did technology play in the conquest of mexico?
- did a lot of spaniards gather in the plaza to see the new royal family?
- spanish conquest of america pdf
- france valued its colony in louisiana mainly because