10 Things You’re Actually Saying When You Ignore Someone’s Gender PronounsOctober 31, 2014 by Sam Dylan Finch, http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/10/ignore-gender-pronouns/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare1. I know you better than you know yourself.When you make the decision to not respect someone’s pronouns, what you are ultimately saying is thattheir personal truth is something you are more knowledgeable about than them. You’re saying, “Howcould you possibly know your gender? Only I could know that, and you’re wrong.” The reality is,someone’s gender identity — how they relate to their bodies and to the notions of femininity andmasculinity — is only for that person to discover and declare. You are not living their life, and therefore,could not possibly know their gender better than they could. When you use the incorrect pronouns,though, you are saying that you are intimately more familiar with who they are than they are. And logicallyspeaking, that doesn’...
- when you eat, i mix your food with chemicals what am i
- your body can't use every part of the food you eat what am i
- your body can't use every part of the food you eat. the waste comes to me
- we are a pair of filters that clean your blood
- i take absorb the nutrients that your body needs from your food
- between the world and me pages
- between the world and me pdf